2023 SBMC Soccer Youth Ambassadors
Are you a passionate soccer player looking to make a positive impact in your community? South Burnaby Metro Club is seeking dedicated and enthusiastic teens to become our Youth Ambassadors. This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience, contribute to your community, and enhance your skill set.
As a SBMC Youth Ambassador, you will commit to volunteering for 30 hours from September 1, 2023 to March 31, 2024. During this time, you will assist in various roles such as:
- Event set up: Help prepare the venue for soccer club events.
- Registration and check-in: Assist with registering participants and checking them in during events.
- Information booth: Provide information and answer questions from participants and visitors.
- Concession management: Help manage the concession stand during events.
- Club advocate: Promote and advocate for the soccer club to prospective players.
- Take-down and clean-up: Assist in packing up and cleaning the event area after each event.
- Assist with coaching: Engage in a variety of coaching responsibilities, including active participation in practice sessions, delivering technical training, overseeing summer camps, and contributing to other special events.
In addition to ensuring the smooth execution of events, you will also actively contribute to community outreach efforts by helping to recruit prospective players.
There are many but some highlights include:
- 30 hours of volunteer work towards British Columbia Ministry of Education high school graduation requirement for the Careers Life Education and/or Careers Life Connection course.
- Receive a Standard First Aid CPR-C & AED certification.
- SBMC sponsorship towards completion of the Canada Soccer “Learning to Coach” course.
- SBMC reference for future employment opportunities.
- You will also develop and build on the following skills:
- Leadership skills
- Problem-solving abilities
- Organization and planning capabilities
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Relationship building
- Mentoring skills and training others
- Time management
To be eligible for the Soccer Club Teen Ambassador program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 15 years old.
- Must have played for the South Burnaby Metro Club soccer for at least 1 year.
- Must possess a positive attitude and be reliable, patient, respectful, organized, and a team player.
If you are interested in becoming a Youth Ambassador, please follow these steps:
- Submit an application by completing this Google Form no later than August 31, 2023.
- Attend a mandatory training program on Saturday, September 9, 2023 from 10:00 am to 11:30 am at the Bonsor Club House.
This is a competitive opportunity, and only a limited number of positions are available.
If you have any further questions, please contact Tevy Leyson, SBMC Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com
We look forward to reviewing your application and having you on board as a SBMC Youth Ambassador.